Friday, August 16, 2024

Milk & Mocha: Our Little Happiness by Melani Sie

Milk & Mocha: Our Little Happiness by Melani Sie
My Rating: ★★★★★

If you’re looking for a very light and sweet book that’ll give you a nice boost, this is the book for you! Inside, you will find a series of panels following two bears named Milk and Mocha. You also get to see their adorable pet dinosaur, Matcha! Each page is a new light pick-me-up that is sure to boost your mood. Many of them are funny and relatable just like the author’s Instagram account, @milkmochabear. I loved seeing Milk and Mocha eating, hanging out, and just loving being in each other’s presence. It’s super cute and I really liked the art style. Melani Sie uses a very calming color palette to go with the overall theme of their artwork, which is chill and sweet.

While I do wish there was more variety among some of the panels, I think it’s an excellent book to pick up. It’d be fun to read with kids as well because it’s light, fluffy, and easy to follow as a family read. Each page is a glimpse into the lives of Milk, Mocha, and sometimes Matcha. My favorite character ended up being Matcha, so I was a little sad to see they don’t appear in the panels too often. However, it’s not a negative as it mainly follows Milk and Mocha! If you’re looking for something light to give you a nice mood boost, this is definitely a book you’ll want to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment