Sunday, August 18, 2024

A Galaxy Next Door, Vol. 2 by Gido Amagakure

 
A Galaxy Next Door, Vol. 2 by Gido Amagakure
My Rating: ★★★

After Ichiro Kuga accidentally became engaged to Shiori Goshiki, it’s a good thing they developed feelings for each other! Now that they’re dating, they can strengthen their bond while pursuing their drawing dreams. While this cute slice of life romance is fun and heartwarming, I’m still not feeling it as a romance! Instead, its main selling point is the family bond between Ichiro and his siblings.

That said, I was delighted to find that Ichiro and Shiori have some chemistry in this volume. They’re cute and new to dating not only each other, but dating in general, so they’re putting their best foot forward and learning along the way. I really like how close Shiori is becoming with Kuga’s siblings, but it also keeps selling it as a family series rather than a cute romance! I feel like we keep learning more and more about Ichiro and his family while learning the bare minimum about Shiori. Sure, she’s new to this world and appears to be naive thanks to her lack of experience with friends in general, but I think we need some good character building on her side of the story to really sell it to me. I’m so interested in learning about her and the life she had before she met Ichiro, but we only get little glimpses here and there along the way.

All in all, this is turning out to be an adorable and heartwarming story about a family with a cute romance on the side. The story moves a little slowly, so if that’s not your thing, you should pass on this book. However, if you’re looking for a slice of life with strong family bonds, this is your series. In fact, I actually really love it for this reason even though I wish we’d learn more about the Star People, especially since Shiori is a princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment