Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The Way Home (The Woods #9) by James Tynion IV, Michael Dialynas

 
The Way Home by James Tynion IV, Michael Dialynas
My Rating:
★★★★★

After eight volumes following the inhabitants of Bay Point after they were mysteriously transported somewhere way out in the galaxy, the stakes are high and more will be lost in the last fight to save humankind in this final volume. It’s been a wild ride and while there were some shaky moments, the story pulled together and became the type of thrilling tale that sucks you in and spits its readers out at the end wondering, what now? I mean this in a good way because it’s one of those stories that feels like it’s been with me much longer than it has been, and now that it’s over, I don’t know what to do with myself at the moment.

The final two volumes pull out all the stops and really went full force both with the story and the artwork. Every panel packs a punch, and I had to read these volumes back to back because I was so absorbed that I couldn’t put it down. It was amazing to follow these characters finding out who they are at the core when faced with crazy odds no one would ever think they’d face in a sci-fi setting. I also love that we eventually returned to Earth and saw what was going on with the people left behind, and that everything eventually came full circle.

Any questions I had during the series were answered by the end because the plots are all wrapped up rather than leaving a whole bunch of loose ends. This is a story that I would love an epilogue for, but at the same time, I also like that it’s open ended. I have a good idea of what came next for these characters, and it’s one of those open ended endings that I’m excited about. I’ve come out of the series feeling the same way I do after watching the ending of a really great movie series, and I gotta say that it’s always a great feeling to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment