Wednesday, December 28, 2022

That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf (Mead Mishaps #2) by Kimberly Lemming

 
That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf by Kimberly Lemming
My Rating: ★★★★

All Brie wants is to spend her time at the tavern in peace. Instead, she’s got her neighbor trying to woo her despite telling him to scram. Now that Brie’s throwing anything she can get her hands on at his head, including her best friend’s baked potato. That’s when the guy tries to slip her a drink, so you know what? It’s his own fault she tossed it at his head! Only he dodged it, so it went flying at some poor stranger’s head. It’s a damn shame that it turns out it was a love potion, and the werewolf known as Felix is now madly in love with her. What did Brie ever do to deserve this, and how can she convince him that she’s not his fated mate?

I read the first book along with the first short story and absolutely loved it, so I was excited to pick up book two! While this book wasn’t as exciting as the first one, it was still absolutely hilarious on top of being fun. We follow Brie, Cinnamon’s best friend and neighbor, and Felix through their hilarious love story that begins with a love potion. Brie just wants to enjoy her drinks, cheese, and romance novels when she’s got a werewolf convinced he’s in love with her. It’s like Felix and the love potion came straight out of one of her shifter romance novels, but it turns out living the romance novel life isn’t as fun as she thought!

Meanwhile, Felix has the terrible luck of meeting his fated mate at the same time he got hit with a full bottle of love potion. At least, he thinks she’s his fated mate, but he’s about to find out if she ever lets him stick around long enough to prove it’s fate and not all the doing of a love potion. Sadly, Felix wasn’t as great a character as he seemed in the first book. It’s not that he’s smarmy or anything, it’s just that the poor guy is under the influence of a love potion and it’s making him go crazy! Though, it was interesting to learn more about his upbringing. The male protagonists tend to fall flat in this series, but I think it’s starting to go in the right direction here and I support that progress.

So we follow these two love birds try to prove to each other that they mean business, only there’s this silly love potion in the way as they fall in love for real this time. I did enjoy seeing characters from the first book, especially when we see my favorite character from the entire series once again! I hope she turns up in the third book, and I know there will be a third book… I just want to see Usha and Dante get their own individual books at some point. I have a feeling we will, and I’m ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment