Monday, December 12, 2022

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon (Mead Mishaps #1) by Kimberly Lemming

 
That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Demon by Kimberly Lemming
My Rating:
★★★★

Cinnamon just wants to live a peaceful life with her family, expand her spice farm that she loves, and never go on an adventure. In fact, adventure is the exact opposite of what Cinnamon wants. It’s why she and her friends dyed their hair pink to make themselves less appealing for the goddess when it came time for the latest quest selection. The pink dye seems to have worked like a charm, but unfortunately for Cinnamon, she’s stumbled upon a quest after getting drunk and accidentally saving a demon.

This book came highly recommended as a hilarious romance and I was truly not prepared for how funny it actually is. It had me laughing so hard from the first chapter all the way to the epilogue. We follow Cinnamon, who is a spice farmer who knows what she wants, and adventure is not on that short list. Unfortunately for her, she’s stumbled face first into an adventure when she drunkenly saves a demon on the way home. It turns out that her town’s goddess is actually an undead witch who has tricked humans into worshiping her all while she enslaves and bewitches the demon folk. As much as Cinnamon doesn’t want adventure, it seems a quest has fallen into her lap and she is not going to stay silent while others are suffering.

Majority of the book is absolutely hilarious, but there are some serious plot points, so prepare yourself for that. There’s a great cast of characters headed by Cinnamon, who is absolutely wonderful and well developed. I also love her family and that realistic sibling energy, which had me laughing. I also love Usha, who came around fast. I also love Felix and Ambrose, which I wish we got to know better than we did. Fallon was fun and seemed mostly one dimensional, but I can’t complain since Cinnamon wasn’t one dimensional at all.

All in all, I had a lot of fun reading this. I laughed a lot and look forward to checking out the next in the series. If you’re looking for a hilarious romance that will have you laughing out loud, this may be the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment