Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Star⇄Crossed!! Vol. 4 (Star⇄Crossed!! #4) by Junko

 
Star⇄Crossed!! Vol. 4 by Junko
My Rating: ★★★

When Chikashi decides that he wants to try his hand at acting again, Azusa thinks it’s a great idea. At least, that’s what Azusa thought until Chikashi lands the role that makes him the love interest of someone from his past. When Azusa finds out that Chikashi has a past with his new costar, she is filled with jealous and realizes that she Chikashi may not be the person she built him up to be in her mind.

I’ve been enjoying this series, so I’m said to say that I’m extremely disappointed with what has turned out to be the final volume. Overall, the story is pretty good. I was enjoying watching the drama go down while I wondered what God told Haru in the last volume. When that is finally revealed, the turn the story takes is quite interesting. I had a lot of fun watching Haru face the dark version of herself while on the quest she wasn’t sure she wanted to be on while she was angry.

Sadly, this is when the story takes a turn for the worse. It quickly rushes to wrap up the story, which clearly had a few more volumes of storytelling left before abruptly ending. I have some questions about why the series suddenly ended, but for now, I’m left wondering what was in store if it continued past four volumes. Junko does admit that it’s rushed in the mini comic thank you from the author at the end, so I guess we may never know what happened. It’s a shame because it’s a pretty good series that ended so abruptly, but what can you do? Sometimes things happen, so I’m going to let it go. That said, I do think that Junko is a great storyteller and I plan on checking out more of their work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment