Thursday, April 29, 2021

Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi by Anna Hrachovec

 
Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi by Anna Hrachovec
My Rating:
★★★★★

I’ve been wanting to pick this book up for some time, so I was super excited to finally get it. Like Anna’s other knitting books, this is full of a variety of adorable patterns that will be easy for beginners to make. This time around, there is a combination of tiny knits and larger patterns, such as slippers. As usual, the patterns are simple and easy to follow. Anything that might be difficult for new knitters has clear instructions that are easy to follow and accompanied by pictures.

One of the things I like about this book is that there’s a section on how to make your own patterns. I think that’s a great resource for new knitters, which I also didn’t expect to see here. If I had picked this book up a year after I learned to knit, I would’ve been all over that section since I found it harder to make my own patterns when I was a new knitter compared to making my own patterns as a new crocheter.

As always, I do think it’s weird that the knitting essentials chapter is at the end of the book when it should be at the front with the basic toy making techniques. It’s just such an odd placement. It doesn’t affect me since I’ve been knitting for around twelve years, but I do think it’s a strange choice especially because there’s tips for new knitters in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment