Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Adventures in Mochimochi Land: Tall Tales from a Tiny Knitted World by Anna Hrachovec

Adventures in Mochimochi Land: Tall Tales from a Tiny Knitted World by Anna Hrachovec
My Rating:
★★★★★

I was absolutely delighted while reading this. The opening is a series of short stories told through a small amount of text and adorable photos utilizing cute and tiny knitted items. After the three stories, the patterns begin. There is a total of 25 comprehensive patterns with photographs demonstrating what a section of the pattern should look like during the construction. I haven’t had time to knit any of the patterns, but they are cute and easy to understand. I really want to knit the donut and a few other patterns when I have time.

I do find it odd that the knitting abbreviations, essentials, and tips for new knitters are at the back of the book. Ideally, these would be placed before the patterns. However, I’ve been knitting for several years, so it doesn’t bother me that these appear at the very end. I just think it’s an odd placement, especially if someone skips reading the table of contents and also happens to be new to knitting. That said, I do think that the essentials and tips section are easy to understand and extremely thorough, so they will be a huge help to new knitters planning to make these patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment