Sunday, April 25, 2021

Daughter of the Sun (Tales of Inthya #2) by Effie Calvin

 
Daughter of the Sun by Effie Calvin
My Rating:
★★★★★

When Orsina of Melidrie was told she must eliminate an evil force based on someone’s vision, she did not expect to be on the road for two years. Tired and lonely, she hopes the chaos goddess, Aelia, is the force she’s meant to eliminate so she can finally return home. Unfortunately for her, this is not the mission that Orsina is destined to complete, and she finds herself on the road with a companion for the first time. The only drawback is that her new companion is actually Aelia, who is trapped inside her avatar after their first encounter.

Told in rotating perspectives, we follow Orsina and Aelia on their adventure together. They make an interesting duo since Orsina is paladin of the Order of the Sun, and Aelia is a chaos goddess that Orsina just tried vanquishing for manipulating people and putting them in thrall. I had a lot of following them and watching them slowly fall in love with each other.

Initially, I was disappointed that we weren’t following Esofi and Adale, especially after how the first book ended. However, I was quickly on board with following these characters. I thought they were a fun and interesting duo to follow. One of the things I was really fascinated by was the world building. Because Orsina and Aelia travel all over Vesolda, I got to see the world the characters live in truly blossom.

The world building was absolutely brilliant. Seeing Orsina and Aelia in a variety of settings dealing with many characters, both human and celestial, made me look at this series in a new way. Plus, I got to learn a lot more about the mythology than we learn in the previous book on top of seeing the world through a celestial being’s perspective. I had a really hard time putting this book down and am looking forward to the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment