Monday, April 26, 2021

Star⇄Crossed!!, Vol. 3 (Star⇄Crossed!! #3) by Junko

 
Star⇄Crossed!!, Vol. 3 by Junko
My Rating: ★★★

Stuck in Chikashi’s body for the longest time yet, Azuza finds herself in a new predicament: bathing with Chikashi’s P4U bandmates only to faint. She wakes up to find the lead of P4U, Haru, kissing her in Chikashi’s body! Unable to figure out what to do with the latest turn of events, Azusa tries to avoid him as much as possible, but how long can she manage it without revealing the truth of her and Chikashi’s predicament?

I have loved this series since I first started and was excited to see Azuza’s character development as she started to see Chikashi as more than just her idol. Sadly, she reverted a bit back to how she was in the first volume. I was a little sad about that, but I do think it worked well for several of the hilarious moments I saw throughout this volume.

That said, I do think it was interesting to get to know Haru more. We’ve been seeing the other members of P4U in bits here and there, so it was interesting to get to know Haru as well as learn about his long-time connection to Chikashi. Plus, there’s his crush on Chikashi and the revelation about why Azuza and Chikashi have continued to swap bodies. I’m really interested in learning what that’s about because as of right now, Haru is the only one who knows. 

While this volume was hilarious, it wasn’t as good as the previous volumes. I hope to see more character development without anyone taking significant steps backward in future volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment