Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Love and Gravity (Always Human #2) by Ari North

 
Love and Gravity by Ari North
My Rating: ★★★★

Sunati and Austen have come over many hurdles in their relationship thanks to open communication. Now that Sunati’s best friend is moving, she’s becoming closer than ever to Austen. Right as they’re about to take the next step in their relationship, Sunati finds herself on the receiving end of a huge opportunity. Now she just has to decide if she wants to spend the next year living on Enceladus and away from Austen, who is going through a life changing shake up of her own.

I enjoyed reading the first book, so I was very excited to see that the second book was available since I’m not big on the webcomic format. I did have a few complaints about the first book, so I was even more excited to see that they were resolved this time around! There’s a lot of character development in addition to all of the additional world building. I also like that we spend more time with Sunati and Rae. I loved seeing how they first met and how close their friendship really is.

Much of the story follows Sunati and Austen’s relationship as they both go through major changes. We see Sunati begin to embrace her abilities and grow in confidence at the same time Rae begins to feel like she might be lost without Sunati close by. I loved seeing how intricate their friendship is and how they both relied on each other in different ways. It was so great to see how supportive they are of each other and how they point out the other’s strengths. I love seeing excellent relationships appear in books and I’m excited to say that this is one of them.

Meanwhile, we watch Austen struggle with changing direction in college. We see how unsure she is of herself and how sometimes we can’t always achieve our original dreams, but we can create new ones and work our way to making them happen. I loved seeing her and Sunati’s relationship deepen as well as how she gets to interact with Rae.

Plus, the artwork is absolutely stunning. Every single panel looks like a masterpiece. Every page is so colorful and full of detail. I’m excited to see more of Ari’s work in the future both for the writing and the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment