Sunday, January 21, 2024

The Princess and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich (The Princess and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich #1) by Deya Muniz

 
The Princess and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Deya Muniz
My Rating: ★★★★

Lady Camembert was furious when her father tried to marry her off before he passed away. Once she announced that she had no desire to ever be with a man, he cooked up a plan so that she could inherit his assets: move far away and live in disguise as his son, Count Camembert. Things were going well until she got bored and made a splash at Princess Brie’s party. Now that the princess is interested in the Count, Camembert can’t help but accept every one of her invites. The only problem is that she can never reveal who she really is, and the two of them are falling for each other. Fast.

I absolutely loved reading this. We follow Lady Camembert in a fantasy world where cheese is a huge theme. I was living for all the cheese puns, and anyone who knows me well knows I love puns almost as much as I love cheese. The artwork was absolutely stunning as well and really packs a punch in how it brings the story to life.  The entire thing filled the void that The Prince and the Dressmaker left, which I was very excited about.

I had so much fun reading every page. There were so many heartwarming and laugh out loud moments. The sad moments were so easy to feel the emotions coming through the pages.  The characters were so much fun. I loved almost every one of them. It was easy to identify with some of the characters and get dazzled by how vibrant the storytelling and art was. There was a lot of attention paid to the details in the story as well as the artwork. It was truly an excellent read with so many panels that would make really cool art prints.

I also love that the wedding dresses were based on the wedding dresses that Deya Muniz and their wife wore. The author’s notes were absolutely lovely to read and I loved getting to know Deya throughout their notes, pictures, and drawings. I’m looking forward to reading their future work because they are extremely talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment