Sunday, December 31, 2023

Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians #2) by Ruby Dixon

 
Barbarian Alien by Ruby Dixon
My Rating: ★★★★

Liz’s life wasn’t the best, but it also wasn’t the worst. Then things took a swerve for the worse when she was abducted by aliens. Now Liz is trying her best to survive on an ice planet with the other women who were abducted and then dumped there. First up, she has to decide if she wants to accept the khui. Then she has to deal with the stubborn and mean looking alien who is weirdly obsessed with caring for her.

When I picked up the first book in the series, I was expecting a fun read and nothing more. I quickly discovered it’s absolutely hilarious but also sweet at times. I’m really rooting for all of these characters! This time around, we follow Liz and Raahosh through their rotating perspectives. It turns out that Liz’s khui has chosen her mate well because Raahosh is just as stubborn as she is. He’s stubborn, rough around the edges, and not exactly everyone’s friend. However, he’s also sweet, kind, and caring. He’s just modeling his wooing efforts after the totally wrong example: his father!

I absolutely loved following Liz around. She was a great character in the first book, so now we got to get to know her and see how she grows to love or hate this new planet that she gets to call home. Along the way, we also get to learn a lot about Raahosh as well as more about life on this planet that’s new to Liz. I had a great time reading about Liz and Raahosh’s adventures. I would’ve liked to see more of the other characters, but it made complete sense that we didn’t see them until way later. Honestly, I can’t complain about that. It was such a good read!

While it’s not as funny as the first book, there’s still plenty of laugh out loud moments all book long. This has truly turned into a surprise series for me. I started it for fun because, well, ice aliens! It’s turned out to be an excellent read so far and I look forward to checking out the third book in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment