Thursday, December 21, 2023

A Worthy Opponent (Wicked Villains #3) by Katee Robert

 
A Worthy Opponent by Katee Robert
My Rating: ★★★★

Tink thought she had a good thing going with Hades, which is why she’s blindsided when he doesn’t renew her contract. Once word gets out that she no longer has Hades protection, Peter is going to come looking for her. Fast. Tink has no plans, no friends, and no time. All she has is her clothing business and whatever she’s stuffed into her suitcase. Then Hook makes an offer: marriage and protection along with Peter’s head on a plate. Maybe the enemy of her enemy is her friend after all.

I started this series just to read this book, so I was excited to get started! This time around, we follow Tink and Hook through their rotating perspectives. I love that Tink is confident and strong while also being plus size and one half of a romance novel. I really like that Katee writes different body types in their books and never forgets the plus size characters. I’ve never seen Tink portrayed as a plus size character either, so it was really refreshing the first time we met her in this series. This was also an interesting take on Hook, and I mean that in a positive way!

The romance itself was truly on fire. Tink and Hook have really good chemistry and make sense as a couple. There was a tenderness between them that I haven’t seen in any of the other books I’ve read from Katee, and it came so naturally to these two characters while still making sense to the story itself. I like how they interacted with each other and other key players to their story as well. I think that it’ll make their appearances in future books rather interesting because these two have a good dynamic with everyone.

I think this will likely be my favorite book from this series because there was a natural chemistry between them and the other characters they were involved with. The characters and the story were fleshed out more than the previous books, which I liked a lot. However, we didn’t see much of the villain of the story before the book ended. There was a lot of build up to when we’d finally see Peter only for his plot to end in a few blinks. I do think he was well developed and truly a terrible person, though. It just seemed like things ended way too fast after all that build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment