Saturday, March 13, 2021

The Hello Kitty Baking Book: Recipes for Cookies, Cupcakes, and More by Michele Chen Chock

 
The Hello Kitty Baking Book: Recipes for Cookies, Cupcakes, and More by Michele Chen Chock
My Rating: ★★★★

I’ve been a huge Hello Kitty fan since I was a kid, so I was extremely excited when I saw this book. Hello Kitty recipes? Sign me up! While the book has primarily Hello Kitty recipes, there are also a few other Sanrio characters included. I’m extremely happy with this book as well as the range of adorable baked goods that are bound to be delicious.

The recipes are broken up into three sections: cookies, cakes and cupcakes, and pies, treats, etc. Each recipe has photos of the finished product along with tips and tricks and ideas on different ways to customize them. The baking instructions are extremely clear and easy for readers to figure out if they are ready to make the item based on their skill level. While there are not photos showing the different steps to baking and decorating each item like I see in other books, there are detailed instructions.

I do think that it’s odd for the basic baking how-to chapter to be in the back of the book rather than the front, but it is very informative for new bakers. I also think that it also shows some visuals that will help newer bakers, especially with decorating. All in all, it is a cute book with a variety of cute recipes that I’m excited to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment