Tuesday, April 2, 2024

When a Cat Faces West Vol. 3 by Yuki Urushibara

 
When a Cat Faces West Vol. 3 by Yuki Urushibara
My Rating: ★★★★★

Hirota and Chima are more than familiar with flow as everyone’s favorite flow experts. Just when they think they’ve seen everything, they find a new case caused by cats in the worst of places… or best of places if you’re Hirota!

I had a feeling that this would be the final book in the series and I was right! This is both a good and a bad thing. I really enjoy this series, but it also feels right to end while it’s still in a good place. I really enjoyed getting to know the characters, which is why I was delighted to finally learn Hirota’s backstory. What a twist! It was also great to see how each of the characters bonded even if they didn’t particularly care for each other.

I don’t want to say too much because then it’d spoil the story, but this was an excellent way to wrap up the series. I also enjoyed the author’s note at the end and getting to learn what inspired the story. Between this series and what inspired them to write it, I really want to check out their other publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment