Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons #2) by Julia Quinn

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
My Rating:
★★★★

When Anthony Bridgerton decides it’s time for him to marry, he jumps into the latest season face first and selects his bride from a distance. No one believes the notorious bachelor will actually settle down, not even Lady Whistledown! However, Anthony sees the beautiful Edwina Sheffield and decides she’s the one since he does not plan on ever loving his future wife. Unfortunately for him, he must seek the approval of her older sister Kate, and she detests every fiber of his being. Both are unwilling to back down, so Anthony and Kate butt heads every chance they get as something more blossoms beneath the surface.

The second season of the show is my favorite of the series so far, so I was interested in finding out how I liked the book. I can honestly say I loved it! The show and book series complement each other well, so I’m interested in seeing if they continue to do so as the Netflix series continues. This time around, we follow Anthony and Kate as they butt heads, slowly falling in love along the way. Kate is determined to find the best match for her sister, and Anthony has never met a woman who challenges him that is not related to him.

I found that I like the Netflix version of Kate much more than the book version, but otherwise, I like most of the characters much more in the book. Anthony is quite the piece of work, but he has heart, and I’ve grown to like him a lot. Seeing Kate and Anthony face off at nearly every turn for a portion of the book was so much fun. I really loved how they slowly fell in love even though Anthony didn’t realize that was the case for him as they married. What a clown, but who doesn’t love a clown?

The character development for both characters were absolutely wonderful, and their chemistry was off the charts. I thought it was believable that they fell in love somewhere along the way. I also liked learning more about why Kate is terrified of thunder and lightening, as it’s something we never learned in the show. It was such a sad story!

Of course, I was very excited to finally see Eloise, though it was limited. I can’t wait until we see more of her as she’s my favorite character in the show. I’m also enjoying seeing the relationships between the Bridgerton family develop more as the series continues. I’m excited to see where the story goes, which is something I’ll be finding out soon enough as I’ve decided to start the third book this weekend. It’ll be exciting to see how it comes to life on screen in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment