Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Horde (The Woods #5) by James Tynion IV, Michael Dialynas

 
The Horde by James Tynion IV, Michael Dialynas
My Rating:
★★★★

Now that a new leader of Bay Point is close to being voted in, the details behind his plans become clear. They aren’t good and they’re going south. Fast. It’s a good thing there’s many good people among Bay Point, and some of them are determined to make sure they pull through the deadly shenanigans and not find their community under a dictatorship when all is said and done.

Remember when I was feeling pretty iffy about where the series looked like it was heading? This volume threw those feelings straight out the window and renewed my faith in the series. We were also taken back to the original fast paced but not confusing days earlier in the series because things went from zero to a hundred and nothing was confusing. It’s clear where it’s going and what Bay Point is facing not only from the dictatorship coming in, but also from one of their own happily trying to bring it in.

We saw many of the characters coming into their own as well as more flashbacks telling us how they came to be who they were when the series first started. It also looks like we’re one step closer to finding out who has been bringing people from Earth to this moon for centuries and why. All I know is that the next volume is most likely going to be equally fast paced and packed with information that makes sense to the series.

I’m back to looking forward to seeing where this series is going to continue to take me, and I’ve already got the next two volumes. I went from feeling iffy and a little sad that I was most likely dropping the series to snatching up the next two volumes and ready to get reading. Hopefully we’ll get some answers soon, but I can’t picture the characters getting back to Earth. I think they’re here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment