Saturday, December 18, 2021

The Witch and the Beast, Vol. 5 by Kousuke Satake

 
The Witch and the Beast, Vol. 5 by Kousuke Satake
My Rating: ★★★★★

Injured and grumpy, Guideau falls face first into a trap set by the witch who cursed them. The encounter knocks Guideau back down to their lowest place, causing Ashaf to take a trip down memory lane. He remembers their first meeting and how their close, yet fickle, partnership began.

I’ve been loving this series, so I was extremely excited to start this installment. This time around, we got some backstory on Guideau. They’re such an interesting character that I was thrilled when Ashaf started taking a trip down memory lane. We don’t have all the answers yet, but it was interesting and I’m excited to see where this goes and to see the rest of their story unfold.

It was also neat to see how Guideau and Ashaf became partners. I assumed the Order of Magical Resonance had organized their partnership, so it was cool to see what actually happened and how it differed from what I assumed occurred. It’ll be neat to eventually see what Ashaf’s story is as well.

Plus, after hearing about the witch who cursed Guideau through multiple volumes, it was exciting to finally see her. She made quite the entrance that has left a lasting impression on me. I’m looking forward to seeing how this unfolds, especially with the way this volume ended. I can’t wait until I’m able to read the sixth volume because that ending is taking us to a whole new world… literally. I’m excited to see this place in addition to learning what answers they find there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment