Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Blood Stain, Vol. 2 by Linda Šejić

 
Blood Stain, Vol. 2 by Linda Šejić
My Rating:
★★★★

When Elliot took her latest job out of desperation, she knew that her new boss was probably creepy. What she wasn’t expecting was for him to be working out of his basement and sleepwalk hiring an assistant. What’s even worse is that he’s made an even worst first impression than she did because Dr. Vlad Stein is covered in blood and lurking in the dark.

I’m glad I’m reading the first three volumes back-to-back because it’s pretty slow moving. I have a pretty good feeling that the first three volumes are going to feel like one volume because they plot moves very slowly. That said, I was fully entertained yet again and am excited to read the next one because it’s a pretty funny series.

This time around, we get to learn a little about Vlad and his chef, Serge, as well as their relationship with one another. I like that they seem to also be friends, which would make sense given that Serge also lives at Vlad’s place. The interactions between the two of them had me cracking up a couple times. I’m excited to see where this goes.

It was fun to see that Vlad is just about as clueless as Elliot, though in totally different ways. They’ve made such terrible first impressions, but Vlad is the winner here. The guy doesn’t even remember hiring Elliot nor did he bother to explain why he’s always covered in blood. It was also interesting to see that his nickname is blood stain, which appears to be due to a combination of how his name sounds depending on one’s accent and the fact that he always has blood stains on his clothes.

While the plot moves very slowly, I am excited to read the next volume and see where the story goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment