Thursday, September 12, 2019

Mulberry Mischief (A Berry Basket Mystery #4) by Sharon Farrow

Mulberry Mischief by Sharon Farrow
My Rating: ★★★★

It’s the week of Halloween and that means big business for Oriole Point. At least it usually does, but Piper has temporarily steered business away with her health fair. While business is down, Marlee gets caught up in a brand-new murder mystery shortly after doing business with an eccentric woman living in her small town, Leticia. Better known as the Lake Lady, Leticia orders enough mulberries to cover her entire home because of their protective qualities. Marlee is confused by the request and doesn’t believe that Leticia has anything dangerous to worry about until a mysterious man turns up looking for Leticia. When that man turns up dead and Leticia goes missing, Marlee jumps on the case an discovers that Leticia has deadly past just caught up with her.

The third installment of the series was a little bit of a miss for me, but I’m happy to say that I’m fan of the latest book. I was excited to be on board with Marlee and company again this time around, including her new beau, Kit. I do think that she moved on pretty quickly from her last relationship, but I’m willing to overlook this because they seem like a much better match than her ex-fiancé ever was.

The mystery itself was pretty good this time around. I liked Leticia and felt bad for her, especially with her sad and complex life story. Each of the suspects could easily be the killer on the loose in Oriole Point, and majority of those suspects are not happy with Marlee poking around their personal business. I thought that the mystery was handled very well, but I do think that the way Marlee suddenly connected the dots before getting confirmation toward the end was farfetched. It’s funny because we could’ve done without that little bit of her randomly connecting dots since she was about to get the answers. Otherwise, I think the mystery was handled well.

As always, I love the returning cast of characters and I’m excited to check out the next installment when it eventually drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment