Friday, September 20, 2019

Dangerous Deception at Honeychurch Hall (Honeychurch Hall Mystery #5) by Hannah Dennison

Dangerous Deception at Honeychurch Hall by Hannah Dennison
My Rating: ★★★★★

Kat has finally gotten into a groove and is enjoying life. Her romance life is heating up as she gets closer to her neighbor, Piers, and she’s finding new ways to drum up business for herself. Life is good until Cassandra shows up and makes sure it’s known that nothing will come between her and her man, Piers, even though he swears they’re like siblings. Determined to keep her head held high, Kat continues like everything is normal and that she’s not jealous. Not a smidge! Of course, things start to heat up once a badly photoshopped image of Kat appears in the newspaper and she gets accused of trying to swindle a retired veteran out of a set of collector’s items. Just when things can’t get any worse, Kat finds herself caught up in another murder mystery and the killer is a lot closer than she could’ve ever imagined.

Five books in and this series is just as good as when it first begun. I loved seeing my favorite characters, especially Iris, in this brand-new installment full of wonderful and hilarious moments. It’s great to see these characters continue to develop, bond, and butt heads. This time around, Iris has a new friend and in addition to secret admirer. Jealously rears its ugly head in new ways for Kat, and most of it isn’t even her. We see a new side of Shawn that, quite frankly, is neither flattering nor cute. I absolutely love seeing this great cast of characters come together yet again.

One of the things that I love about this series is the humor. This time around, the joking around that occurs between Kat and Iris reminded me of how my mom and I joke around. It’s such a small thing but it really resonated with me. I also love how well balanced this series is. It’s never too serious, too humorous, or too history based. It has a perfect medium that keeps the story rolling without a hitch.

I love the way that the love triangles are handled in this series, especially this book. It’s great to watch Kat slowly recognize that she deserves better and figure out what it is that she wants. This time around, she sees new sides to a few characters that impacts how she wants to continue her relationship with them and I think that’s a powerful development on her part.

All in all, I absolutely love this book and I’ll be keeping an ear out for news on the next installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment