Friday, September 20, 2019

Leave Me Alone! by Vera Brosgol

Leave Me Alone! by Vera Brosgol
My Rating: ★★★★★

One woman just wants to knit in peace, but it’s too noisy so she yells for everyone to leave her alone. Of course, life is never that easy, so she embarks on a journey to find a nice and quiet place to get her knitting done. Traveling to forests, snowy mountains, and even the moon, there’s always someone bugging her until she finds the ultimate location to knit a plethora of sweaters.

This is such an adorable children’s book that follows a frustrated grandmother who just wants to knit alone so she can concentrate. As a knitter myself, I understand why she wants to sit in peace. Depending on the pattern, you need absolute silence to concentrate on what the pattern calls for. I’m someone who likes to have background noise and have conversations while knitting, but I totally understand this character. Sometimes you just need some peace and quiet to knit!

I think this is such a cute and funny story that’s perfect for small children. The artwork is beautiful and complex in its own way, so it’ll keep kid’s attention. It’s a funny and simple tale that will crack kids up as they watch the grandmother’s journey continue. My favorite sections are when she encounters a bear and of course when she encounters extraterrestrial beings on the moon. I could relate to her when a group of goats started eating her yarn because I have two cats that try to munch on my yarn if they spot me knitting. It’s a great book and it was the light and fun kind of read that everyone needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment