Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Curious Book of Creepy Crochet: 25+ Oddball Amigurumi Creatures by Carolyne Brodie

Curious Book of Creepy Crochet: 25+ Oddball Amigurumi Creatures by Carolyne Brodie
My Rating: ★★★★★

I received a copy from Landauer Publishing through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

If you’re looking for a good Halloween theme pattern, then this book might be perfect for you! Inside you will find 25+ perfectly spoopy patterns that demonstrate that amigurumi can really be anything you want it to be. You will also find a comprehensive supply list complete with pictures, the basics of crochet, a small assembly guide, and a quick rundown on how to read crochet patterns. Plus, there’s a step-by-step crochet guide with pictures to help guide you as you learn any stitches you may not know.

Halloween is my favorite holiday, so of course I had to pick this up! I really liked the variety of patterns included. My favorites are Velvet the Bat, Revna the Raven, Squash the Pumpkin Doll, Rotten Ralph the Zombie, and Patch the Scarecrow. However, all of the patterns are wonderful! I love how each pattern comes with its own story about the character. You’ll also discover that each pattern is rated anywhere from beginner to intermediate, which will help you decide if it’s something you’re ready to make! The fact that there’s so many in-progress photos included with each pattern is excellent as well. It will be a huge help to beginner crocheters or anyone who is new to amigarumi.

All in all, this is an excellent pattern book! There’s a nice variety of patterns and it’s perfect for crocheters of all levels. I really like that there’s photos of some of the more technical aspects of each pattern, and that there are some tips and tricks included early in the book before you get to any of the patterns. Plus, the patterns are pretty straightforward and easy to read. I can’t wait to make some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment