
My Sister Took My Fiance and Now I'm Being Courted by a Beastly Prince, Vol. 2 Kiduki Hoshikawa (artist), Yū Sakurai (author)
After accidentally catching Prince Leonhart’s eye, Cordelia’s life is quickly changing now that she finally has someone on her side. Unfortunately for her, her family doesn’t see eye to eye, and she’s about to clash with not only her sister, but also her parents. Meanwhile, Leonhart’s own family troubles are coming to a head as his brother plots against him and tries to drag Cordelia into it!
I really enjoyed the first volume, which had a surprisingly amount of depth. However, this volume is closer to what I was expecting the first time around. So much happened and there were several times that we skipped straight over the believability factor with Cordelia’s responses. I guess this is the start of her healing journey, but in a crazy way since she’s being kept on her toes elsewhere.
That said, I still really enjoyed the volume. It was fast paced, the story was mostly good, and we started to see some justice of sorts in action. I do think we should’ve seen Cordelia’s family begin to face the music at a different time than we see Leonhart’s own brother’s shenanigans rear its ugly head at full force. Everything happening at the same time rather than focusing on one or the other took away from both plots in the end, but that’s just my opinion.
All in all, I did enjoy the book, I just wish it explored the way things impacted Cordelia and Leonhart differently than it did. I also wish that the plot points with the two families came to a head at different times. Otherwise, it was a fast paced read that had me absolutely glued. It’ll be interesting to see how things go from here, especially with the way things ended with Cordelia’s family.
No comments:
Post a Comment