Friday, October 27, 2023

Moufflet by Kelly Jaggers

 
Moufflet by Kelly Jaggers
My Rating: ★★★★

If you’re looking to up your baking game, this book with 100+ muffin recipes may be up your alley! Inside, you’ll find a variety of muffin recipes ranging from the sweet and tasty muffins we all know and love to savory delights. In fact, you can even find tasty muffins that count as a meal and interesting sounding spicy muffins. There’s quite the variety of recipes, so you’re sure to find a recipe that’s going to change up your baking game!

While many of the recipes sound delicious, the book is lacking in pictures. I think that’s okay for me because reading the recipes is enough to make me decide which ones I want to try, but I know many people prefer to have pictures accompany most of the recipes in any cookbook. There’s also some recipes that will be hard to substitute ingredients for a similar flavor. If you’re allergic to oats like I am, you may want to skip the section that has several delicious sounding recipes where oats are a major flavor component. I wasn’t always allergic to oats and I have yet to find something that successfully substitutes that flavor.

That said, many of the recipes sound absolutely delicious. I’m particularly excited about the savory and muffins that can count as a meal. Plus, many of the muffin spreads sound truly wonderful and I can’t wait to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment