Thursday, November 2, 2023

That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Human (Mead Mishaps #3) by Kimberly Lemming


That Time I Got Drunk and Saved a Human by Kimberly Lemming
My Rating:
★★★★★

Five years after her family thought she died, Cherry is preparing her grand escape from her current situation. Not only is Cherry very much alive, but she’s also trapped in a secluded area with a sleeping dragon and frogs that she can’t communicate with. It’s driving her nuts. Not that she hasn’t tried to escape before. It’s just that every one of her escape plans have been foiled! Things are about to change when another dragon shows up to make the old sleeping dragon get up before he wastes away. Cherry doesn’t know who this Dante person is, but what she does know is that he’s the ticket to her escape. It’s a shame she doesn’t realize that drugging a dragon and accidentally marrying him is about to take her on a bizarre adventure when she just wants to go home. At least she’s finally escaped, though. Right?

I love this series, so when I saw the latest book was out, I knew I had to read it ASAP. This time around, we follow the Cherry. It turns out she’s alive and well, as long as you don’t count the part where she’s been trapped with a sleeping dragon for the last five years. We also follow Dante, who stumbles upon Cherry while he’s out traveling to see how much has changed now that demons are free. He’s also looking for his soulmate, so he’s more than happy that he’s found them at his first stop. It’s a shame she’s drugged him and now he’s holding a conversation with a talking banana.

Like the previous books, this book had me laughing all the way through. I loved getting to learn all about Cherry and seeing her adventures from the moment she started thinking about all her foiled escape plans. She is absolutely hilarious. So many of the lines that had me crying from laughter came from her. It was also exciting to see that she was alive and well and I couldn’t wait to see her reunited with Cinnamon! I’m really excited to continue to see her continue to pop up in future books now that she’s back from the dead.

I enjoyed seeing some old favorites, especially my favorite character that I won’t name so that it’ll be a surprise when they turn up! It was also exciting to get to learn more about Dante. I knew he would be the next character we’d see find their soulmate, but I wasn’t expecting it to be as fire as it was. He and Cherry were sizzling! Their adventures and hilarious shenanigans kept bringing them closer while having me laughing out loud along the way. It was also really neat to learn more about dragons in this world as well as other mythological beings as Cherry discovered they were real.

All in all, this was a hilariously wonderful read and I’m looking forward to seeing how it will continue from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment