Thursday, January 13, 2022

The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft

The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft
My Rating: ★★★★

In this wonderful book, Ashley Craft combines a little Disney history with delicious recipes inspired by the different parks. Before diving into the recipes, we learn a little bit about the different parks. From there, we are launched into the world of food as we dive into the many recipes featured throughout the book. Each recipe features a fun fact related to Disney or something fun about the recipe in general.

Personally, I found this book absolutely wonderful. Why did I never think to try my hand at making my own churros or funnel cake? I don’t know, but that’s one of my goals for the year now. I thought it was fun to learn when funnel cake originally came to be. It’s not something exciting for everyone to learn, nor was there much information on it, but I thought it was a fun little fact to learn about this popular item.

Each recipe is easy to read, follow, and adapt for personal tastes. There’s a list of cooking and baking utensils readers will need early in the book as well as alternatives when possible. I’m looking forward to making some of the recipes included and love that it’s a combination of hardy meals and baked goods. I’m really excited about some of the recipes because they sound delicious.

While I wish there were more pictures of each item, I do find this to be a wonderful book. I would imagine that including 100 photos to accompany the recipes would be quite an undertaking but giving readers a visual for every item would’ve been a great addition. All in all, I love the book and am excited to try some of the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment