Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Dastardly Miss Lizzie (Electric Empire #3) by Viola Carr

The Dastardly Miss Lizzie by Viola Carr
My Rating: ★★★★

Dr. Eliza Jekyll continues to fight the other side of herself, Lizzie Hyde, while trying to stop the serial killer who is terrorizing scientists. She must also find who The Ripper is before more women turn up dead. The problem? Life has gotten a lot worse than Eliza and Lizzie fighting over who has control of their body at any given time. With Eliza’s reputation on the line as a crime scene physician, her fight with Lizzie goes from bad to worse as sorcerers aim to make their timeline the worst of the worst.

I’ve enjoyed this series since book one, so I was very excited to finally pick up the third installment. I think that this has been an interesting series that has a good balance between paranormal and science fiction from the start. I’ve always enjoyed following Eliza and Lizzie, the daughters of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and watching how they struggle with sharing the same body. On the same token, it’s been fun how supernatural elements such as werewolves and sorcerers, were weaved into the story.

This time around, a new science fiction element gets thrown into the ring: time travel. I have mixed feelings about this because it was done well, but it does get confusing as the story inches closer to the end. I like how time traveling is explained and that the rules of time travel are very clear. However, too much was going on at some point and it was very confusing by the time I reached the climax. There are a few things that I’m still confused on, but overall, I’m happy with how the story ends.

I believe that this is the final book in the series and I’m happy with how it has ended. However, I wish the time travel plot was introduced much earlier in the book so that it had time to truly flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment