Sunday, September 8, 2024

Mamo by Sas Milledge

Mamo by Sas Milledge
My Rating: ★★★★★

When Jo Manalo’s mom falls into a coma of sorts thanks to whatever has been going on in Haresden, she’s determined to find help. That’s how she found herself asking the town witch to take a look! It turns out that Orla O’Reilly isn’t really the town witch. That was her grandmother, Mamo, and she’s dead! Orla just wants to get in and out of Haresden, but there’s something about Jo that makes her want to help out. Plus, there’s something weird going on in town, and Mamo’s mislaid bones may be the cause!

I was sucked into this story the moment I started reading it. We follow Jo and Orla as they work to right everything that Mamo’s mislaid bones have caused. Orla isn’t exactly friendly, but she’s drawn to Jo and feels like it’s her responsibility to get her grandmother’s bones laid to rest properly. Along the way, we see how magic works in this universe as well as Jo learning a little bit about the magic that lives in Haresden. I really loved getting to know Jo and Orla as well as learning about the different people and magical entities.

Plus, the cover art and overall artwork throughout this entire book is absolutely stunning! The artwork really lends itself to how the story is told. While I love the whole story, there’s just something very whimsical about the art that I just love and find super memorable. I hope to see more stories like this from Sas Milledge because I could have read five volumes following these characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment