Friday, September 6, 2024

A Man and His Cat, Vol. 1-3 by Umi Sakurai

 
A Man and His Cat, Vol. 1-3 by Umi Sakurai
My Rating: ★★★★★

Dubbed an ugly cat, Fukumaru has been skipped over by potential adopters again and again. Everything changes when Mr. Kanda comes in and sees a friend in him, making Fukumaru his first cat! Together, they can face the world as they slowly heal some of each other’s old wounds.

I absolutely love this series. We follow Mr. Kanda and Fukumaru through their rotating perspectives, which allows us to see them in the present with glimpses into their individual pasts. It’s a slow moving slice of life story that is sweet and heartwarming while also slowly providing a lot of depth. I really love how the story starts out about Mr. Kanda and Fukumaru while slowly expanding to include the lives of the characters they’re connected to. We see everything from grief and loneliness to jealousy, humor, and beautiful companionship in this series.

So far, I’ve read the first three volumes and I can’t wait to continue the story. I think that this is a perfect read for anyone who loves Chi's Sweet Home. If you loved that series and are looking for more feel good stories but also want more layers and depth, this will be an excellent choice. I’m really enjoying the story so far and I can’t wait to see who will reconnect, what new friendships will form, and how Mr. Kanda and Fukumaru will continue to impact each other as well as others.

No comments:

Post a Comment