Sunday, February 19, 2023

Super-Scary Mochimochi: 20+ Cute and Creepy Creatures to Knit by Anna Kathleen Hrachovec

 
Super-Scary Mochimochi: 20+ Cute and Creepy Creatures to Knit by Anna Kathleen Hrachovec
My Rating:
★★★★★

I’m a huge fan of all of Anna’s pattern books, so I was very excited to finally get this Halloween inspired one! All of the books are beginner friendly, but this one has the most explanatory techniques section I’ve seen in any knitting pattern book I’ve read. I’ve always had problems doing the mattress stitch, with written and video instructions, but I finally completely understood the mattress instructions in this book. Between the instructions and the specific photos they choose to go with them, it finally clicked!

Inside, you will find 20 spooky and fun patterns with very easy to understand instructions. The Bitty Witches and Killer Bees are among my favorites in the book, but I also really liked that there’s a functional pattern in this one: Flatso. I may have to make this for my iPad! I also really like that one of the patterns is reversible, especially since I love reversible stuffed animals. The back of the book has a whole section on making your own mix and match monsters, which encourages people to do their own thing and have fun with all the different pieces one can make and add to their monsters. It’s great that this also encourages new knitters not to worry about things such as symmetry! All in all, it’s a great book and I’m really excited to finally have it in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment