Monday, February 20, 2023

Rivers of London Graphic Novels 1-8 by Ben Aaronovitch

 
Rivers of London Graphic Novels 1-8 by Ben Aaronovitch
My Rating: ★★★★

After accidentally starting the graphic novel series on the most recent volume, I decided to check out the rest of the series. We mainly follow Peter Grant and Thomas Nightingale as they investigate a series of strange and supernatural cases. The cases they investigate range anywhere from homicidal cars to supernatural mold. From what I’ve gathered, these graphic novels are spin-offs from the main series, which I plan on checking out. I can say that one can read and enjoy these graphic novels without having read the other books before, since I had no problem following the plot lines and enjoying the books. It also turns out I read one of the books some years ago, as I discovered when I got a few pages into it and remembered the story. It didn’t hurt to reread it, though, as I enjoyed it the first time around!

All in all, I’ve been enjoying these graphic novels and plan to start the main series at some point in the near future. It’ll be interesting to see how this graphic novel series fits into the main series, as some of these are clearly connected to an ongoing story. However, every one of these eight books I read are able to stand on their own without confusion, and I’ve been enjoying following this great cast of characters and some of their more interesting investigations.

No comments:

Post a Comment