Sunday, January 15, 2023

Fantastic Tales of Nothing (Nothing #1) by Alejandra Green, Fanny Rodriguez


Fantastic Tales of Nothing by Alejandra Green, Fanny Rodriguez
My Rating: ★★★★

Nathan is just an average human until his luck runs out, but instead of his life flashing before his eyes, a burst of magic saves his life and he finds himself somewhere in a forest. It turns out Nathan isn’t a regular human, and the fate of Nothing weighs heavily on his shoulders as he finds himself part of a team on a mission to save everyone.

I absolutely loved this book. We follow Nathan as he discovers he’s an unusual human who has magic. Along the way, he gains a few friends who ultimately find themselves on a mission to save Nothing with him. These friends are Haven, Bardou, and Sina, and they are absolutely delightful. I don’t want to say too much about the three of them because then I’d spoil their character arcs, but I will say that I enjoy following each of them and look forward to seeing how they continue to develop.

The plot is a bit of a slow burn, so it takes a while before it starts to pick up. Much of the first half of the book is watching Nathan and his friends stumble around. It all makes sense once the main plot really gets rolling, but if a slow burn isn’t your thing, I’d say pass on this book. I really enjoyed the build up, which I think really makes sense for the story as well as who Nathan is as a person. The artwork is absolutely stunning and really impacts how the story is told, so that is another thing this book has going for it.

All in all, I had a lot of fun following Nathan and his friends through their ups and downs. I’m really excited about checking out the next book. I’m hoping the story continues to pick up momentum since it’s the type of story that benefits from starting out at a slow pace while slowly getting faster and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment