Sunday, January 22, 2023

Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality (Pandava Quartet #5) by Roshani Chokshi

 
Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality by Roshani Chokshi
My Rating:
★★★★★

Aru, Mini, and Brynne are racing to prepare to make their final stand against the Sleeper. The only problem? They have no idea how they’re going to gain access to the labyrinth now that their celestial weapons are destroyed. All they know is that they have to find the labyrinth. They just have to figure out how to get in when the time comes. Unfortunately for them, they’re racing against the clock and they’re starting to lose hope about ever seeing their celestial weapons the closer they get to finding the labyrinth. Will they make it, or will they be sitting ducks watching as the world as they know it ends?

I was super excited when I picked up this book only to avoid even opening it for several months because I was sad about it being the final book. Well, all good things must come to an end, and this series didn’t escape that! Plus, I’d much rather have a series end while it’s still at the top of it’s game. While I’m sad it’s over, I’m very happy with the entire series and how it ended.

We pick up shortly after where the previous book left off and follow Aru, Mini, and Brynne as they struggle to deal with the aftermath of Kara’s betrayal. One of the things I like about this plot point is that we see how they overcome the struggle with their self-esteem that this betrayal has left them with. That struggle has always been there, but without their celestial weapons, it becomes magnified once again. It forces them to have to look within themselves and see who they are to themselves and not others. The reason I like this plot point is because we can’t heal these types of things with objects or by relying on other people’s perspectives, and given the target audience’s age, it’s an extremely important plot and lesson.

This is truly an excellent ending to a wonderful series that I’m going to miss. Roshani Chokshi has a way with words and stories. She creates wonderfully magical worlds, and in this case, a hilarious while heartfelt story on top of that. I’m sad to see this series end, but I’m excited to have been along for the ride from the beginning. This is one of those stories that I recommend to everyone because there’s something special in it for every reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment