Saturday, August 1, 2020

Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi: More Than 40 Itty-Bitty Minis to Knit, Wear, and Give by Anna Hrachovec

Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi: More Than 40 Itty-Bitty Minis to Knit, Wear, and Give by Anna Hrachovec
My Rating: ★★★★★

I’ve been dying to pick this book up for some time and finally got it. I love to knit toys and cute items to sit on display, so it’s been on my list for a while. I finally picked it up not long ago because my cats like to pick up and throw small knitted items in the air. I thought I’d make them some cute toys with this book.

I’m happy to say that this is an adorable book with clear instructions for those who are newer to knitting. I like that there are clear instructions on the techniques you’ll be using with various patterns in addition to pictures before the pattern chapters begin. While the knitting abbreviations are at the back of the book instead of the front, I think that anyone new to knitting or unfamiliar with the terms will find it easy to flip to the back of the book as needed. Plus, there’s a great section at the back called knitting essentials that includes instructions on how to do various stitches and other techniques not listed at the front of the book. I think it’s odd that the knitting essentials section isn’t at the front of the book with the other tips and techniques, but it doesn’t bother me.

The patterns are cute, easy to understand, and have pictures showing how to approach the different steps. I think that it’s perfect for anyone knew to knitting in addition to anyone new to dealing with embroidery and stuffed items. Plus, the pictures showing each finished item are absolutely adorable. I’m very happy with this book and plan on making some cute tiny additions to my key-chain next.

No comments:

Post a Comment