Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sublime Stitching: Hundreds of Hip Embroidery Patterns and How-To by Jenny Hart, Alexandra Grablewski

Sublime Stitching: Hundreds of Hip Embroidery Patterns and How-To by Jenny Hart, Alexandra Grablewski
My Rating: ★★★★★

I recently decided to learn how to embroider, so when I saw this book at my local library, I knew I had to pick it up. Jenny Hart offers a great beginners guide that covers everything from the type of fabric one might want to use to tips on how to finish up your projects. If you’re a cross stitcher like me, some of the information may overlap, but it’s all laid out in simple and easy to understand terms for those new to embroidery.

The only thing about starting a new craft with a book is that diagrams can be difficult to understand. I found that was not the case with this book as Jenny Hart supplies a variety of comprehensive stitch diagrams that are paired with written instructions. Of course, diagrams are not for everyone, but it’s easy to find how-to videos to pair with this book.

I found much of the information covered valuable and look forward to starting my first embroidery project when my fabric arrives. Unfortunately, because I picked up an ebook copy of this book, the patterns are not actually included since the physical copy comes with iron-on patterns. That’s fine with me since I picked this up learn what I need to know to start my first project, but if you want the iron-on patterns, make sure to buy the physical copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment