Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Star-Touched Stories (The Star-Touched Queen #2.5) by Roshani Chokshi

Star-Touched Stories by Roshani Chokshi
My Rating: ★★★★

In what might be the final book in the series, Star-Touched Stories lets us follow the cast of characters we have grown to love in three new short stories: Death and Night, Poison and Gold, and Rose and Sword.

If you liked the first two books in the series, this is a must read. Roshani Chokshi has done it again and wrote three beautiful stories that fully immerses us into the character’s worlds. I love short stories, so I think it’s great that we get to follow some of our favorite characters and meet new ones that I know I would love to see again.

I have to say that I loved seeing Dharma Raja and Maya, or Night, when they first met. It was such a joy to see them meet and fall in love for the first time. It was truly wonderful to see what kind of life Maya led in her former life as Night and get to know new characters, like Uloopi. It almost made me forget why I was a bit irritated a few times with the first book in the series. Dharma Raja and Maya’s story has come full circle and I feel comfortable with not seeing them again if Roshani were to continue the series.

Aasha finally gets her own story with Poison and Gold, and it does not disappoint. All but the last POV chapter from Aasha seemed a bit out of place in the last book. They appeared to simply drive the story rather than give her a true story of her own, which didn’t make sense because we could’ve easily just seen her through Guari and Vikram’s eyes and left it at that. Poison and Gold is devoted to her and now it seems her chapters were preparing us for this, and I can’t complain. I love Aasha and I would love to see how her story ends one day.

Finally, Guari and Vikram’s story is wrapped up and we are introduced to their grandchildren in the process. It’s such a lovely way to end their story and pass the torch to their granddaughter, Hira. If a full-length novel following Hira comes out, I will be one of the first in line to get it.

Roshani has a way with words that is so magical and vibrant that I will always check out anything she comes out with. While I would love to see the series continue with Hira, Aasha, and possibly Uloopi, I will understand if these short stories are the last we see of the great cast of characters that we’ve followed throughout the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment