Thursday, May 16, 2019

Women Who Dared: 52 Stories of Fearless Daredevils, Adventurers, and Rebels by Linda Skeers, Livi Gosling

Women Who Dared: 52 Stories of Fearless Daredevils, Adventurers, and Rebels by Linda Skeers, Livi Gosling
My Rating: ★★★★★

Women have been doing amazing things for centuries, but many of the women who were noted in history are often forgotten. It’s important to remember these people because women have always played an important role in society even if some try to say otherwise. This book presents short biographies on 52 notable women whose stories should be shared with every generation in a format that is geared toward younger generations, telling them that women have always been amazing.

I saw this book and knew I had to read it because I’m all about badass women that are often forgotten or glossed over. While I was excited to read it, I did wish that the biographies were a little more in-depth, but I know that its target audience is kids through pre-teens so there’s no complaint there. If anything, I’m excited that books like this exist to introduce kids to people they may have otherwise never heard of. In fact, there were several people featured that I had no idea about. Now I can add them to the list of people I want to learn more about!

The artwork is cute and fun, which makes it perfect for kids. I also like that we do learn a lot of important information about the women featured that also encourages readers to check out more about their lives. This would make a great gift for anyone, but especially for kids. It can really encourage them to get into history and empowering women. It’s also inspiring because all of these women did great things and it shows that it’s possible to reach your goals even when the odds are against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment