Monday, April 22, 2019

Bygone Badass Broads: 52 Forgotten Women Who Changed the World by Mackenzi Lee, Petra Eriksson

Bygone Badass Broads: 52 Forgotten Women Who Changed the World by Mackenzi Lee, Petra Eriksson
My Rating: ★★★★★

When I saw this book, I knew I had to get it because I’m a big champion of women in history. While I knew of many of the women featured in this book from other books, such as Jason Porath’s Rejected Princesses, it didn’t bother me. If anything, I was excited to see these women featured again because it means more people will learn about them!

Here you will find beautiful artwork opening every chapter covering a different person once forgotten in history. Each chapter takes us through each person’s life story and what kind of badass things they did in their lifetimes. Mackenzi pulls these ladies and their stories from all over the world and mainly features women who are (sadly) not particularly well known. She also writes in a style that’s fun and seems geared toward people who find non-fiction, especially history, dry and boring to follow. It’s an excellent read and would also make a great gift for teenagers and young adults because of the hip language she uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment