Monday, March 25, 2019

Kawaii Polymer Clay Creations: 20 Super-Cute Miniature Projects by Emily Chen

Kawaii Polymer Clay Creations: 20 Super-Cute Miniature Projects by Emily Chen
My Rating: ★★★★★

After reading Emily’s beginners guide to polymer clay, I decided to pick up one of her books and I was not disappointed. She has tips on harvesting your polymer clay skill, more tips on working with the clay, and a tutorial on 20 cute little projects that are tempting to make stat. There’s also a tutorial on how to take your creations and turn them into jewelry, charms, and other useful things.

It’s a wonderful book to expand your creativity and learn more ways to utilize polymer clay. There are great tips on seemingly simple things, like how to put an eye pin into your creations. I’ve had two eye pins pop out of my projects before and now I know why. I’m supposed to bend the leg of the wire before inserting it because it helps anchor it to the project. It’s such a simple solution that I didn’t even think of and there it was among the tutorial on making eye pins!

There’s a variety of adorable projects ranging from animals to food. I love that Emily includes a range of projects so that there’s something for everyone based on their interests. The instructions are accompanied by great photos so that readers understand what to do next based on what instructions best help them, written or visual aids. I love how such simple things add a nice finishing touch. One of my brothers walked by while I was reading the book, saw a project photo of a finished cake, and thought I was reading a recipe book because it looks so real!

I’m looking forward to checking out more books from Emily in the future. She offers invaluable tips, wonderful instructions, and beautiful photos of projects that range from adorable and fun to realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment