Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Gone Rogue (Wires and Nerve #2) by Marissa Meyer, Stephen Gilpin, Douglas Holgate

Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer, Stephen Gilpin, Douglas Holgate
My Rating: ★★★★

In this spectacular conclusion to the series of graphic novels, watch your favorite characters join forces for one last time. This time, Iko learns more about her origins, which shakes her very core as she begins to develop a romance with an unlikely acquaintance. However, it all nearly ends for good when the group of rogue wolf-hybrid soldiers led by Steele finally closes in on Iko and company, nearly taking out one of their members for good.

I was so excited to get my hands on this installment even though I knew that it’s the final installment in this series as well as the world as it takes place in. However, all good things must come to an end, and this is no exception. I’ll be surprised if something new from this world comes out, but I won’t lie: it’ll be a happy surprise.

My thoughts on the artwork with the first installment remains the same. It’s very pretty but the faces are basically the same. It’s a shame because the clothes and other work put into the artwork is beautiful, but it seemed to have died once it got to the faces of the characters. There are a few scenes where there’s several characters and it was pretty jarring to see that some of them had the same exact hair as some of our main characters. If our favorite friends from the series weren’t front and center, they would’ve easily blended into the crowd. This is something that I was hoping would’ve changed between the first book and this one.

That said, the story was as wonderful as expected. I love how the characters interacted with one another as they slowly came together once again. I also love how some of the characters began to blossom, giving us an idea of how their personal stories would’ve continued if the series were to get another installment. I’m also excited to see some of the characters that we don’t know as well as our main friends from the Rampion grow as the story continued. I have a solid idea of what’s going to happen between some of these characters and I’m so happy for them even though I know it’s purely fiction. If you’re a fan of the series, I highly recommend picking up the graphic novels. They are a wonderful continuation of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment