Monday, June 6, 2022

The Witch and the Beast, Vol. 8 by Kousuke Satake

 
The Witch and the Beast, Vol. 8 by Kousuke Satake
My Rating:
★★★★★

Ashaf and Guideu’s adventures in a world different from their own wrap up in this crazy, revenge fueled volume. Will the pair find their trip to this world worth their while, or will they barely make it out alive?

This volume is so action packed that it was hard for me to put it down rather than reading it all in one go. I just wanted to see what was going to happen next! We finally got some more backstory on Dunward, which blew me away. How tragic! I wish we got to learn more backstory beforehand, but I understand why it was barely revealed now. It was a truly explosive reveal that would’ve had a different impact if it had been revealed sooner. Now I completely understand Dunwards obsession with taking down the Queen of the Night.

There are some other revelations that will impact how the story continues and I’m excited to see where it goes. Will we see Dunward and company again? Possibly. I don’t know if Ashaf and Guideu will decide if their trip was worth the trouble, but I do think the information they found is valuable in unexpected ways. I’m very excited about the follow up volume and can’t wait to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment