Thursday, October 14, 2021

Spy x Family, Vol. 3 by Tatsuya Endo


Spy x Family, Vol. 3 by Tatsuya Endo
My Rating:
★★★★★

Just when Twilight thinks he only needs to focus on getting Anya closer to his target’s son, he’s now faced with proving he’s the perfect suiter for Yor when her younger brother enters the picture. Meanwhile, Anya has her own problems to deal with at school. It’s impossible to get to the position Twilight needs her to be in when she’s failing most of her classes and Damian is too insufferable to befriend. Things seem to be looking up when she hears a rumor that doing well in PE can earn her a stella star. The only problem? She has to survive a difficult game of dodge ball.

I absolutely love this series. Just when I think it can’t get any funnier, Twilight and Yor are faced with proving to her younger brother that they’re in love. It was interesting to see the personality traits that Yor shares with Yuri down to hiding a huge secret. It’s even funnier to see him facing off with Twilight, who is much better at being undercover than Yuri is at keeping a very light cover story. The entire meeting had me in stitches, especially when it turned out that Yor and Yuri both black out after consuming any alcohol.

It was also interesting to see Anya figure out how to use her ability to read minds to aid her in doing well in a game of dodgeball. I was surprised about how the game ended, but I was not surprised about the ultimate results. I also really enjoyed reading the side mission where Anya works to help Yor without her new mom even being aware of it. It was such a cute and fun side story that I hope to see more of them as the series continues.

All in all, this volume is another winner. I was glued from the moment I opened the book and am interested in seeing how more new characters will be introduced and woven into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment