Thursday, December 31, 2020

The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon #2) by Katie O'Neill

 
The Tea Dragon Festival by Katie O'Neill
My Rating:
★★★★

Rinn loves venturing out to the forest to forage for supplies for her family and friends in the village. While she’s grown up with tea dragons, she’s in for a surprise when she stumbles across an entirely different dragon named Aedhan while foraging. Confused, Aedhan can’t understand how they fell asleep for eighty years. You see, they were appointed to protect the village, but somehow fell asleep for several decades and missed its progression! Thankfully, Rinn’s uncle’s, Erik and Hesekiel, are down with investigating what caused this mysteriously long nap while Rinn helps Aedhan come to terms with how much time has passed.

I absolutely loved the first book, so I was delighted when I saw that there was a second installment even though the first book seemingly closed the story at the end. When I started this one, I was surprised to learn that this is actually a prequel. The story picks up sometime before Erik and Hesekiel retire and start their own shop. While they are present in the story, we primarily follow Rinn’s adventures.

I loved Rinn. She’s such a sweet and warm character who loves to forage. When she stumbles upon Aedhan, she’s quickly becomes friends with the well-rested dragon who is baffled by their 80-year-nap. I loved following Rinn as well as learning more about dragons and the magic in the world that Rinn lives in. I also really enjoyed how Rinn found a way to make Aedhan feel at home in the village again and come to terms with the time they missed while sleeping.

As always, the artwork was absolutely stunning. Should there be a third installment, I hope we primarily follow Erik and Hesekiel so that we can learn more about their adventures as well as the magic that runs through their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment