Tuesday, October 16, 2018

My Brother's Husband, Volume 2 (Otouto no Otto #2) by Gengoroh Tagame

My Brother's Husband, Volume 2 by Gengoroh Tagame
My Rating: ★★★★★

As Yaichi comes to term with his twin brother’s death, he also finds that he cares about his brother-in-law and faces his views on homosexuality and realizes that he has changed. Sadly, he did not get to welcome his late brother with open arms after he grows to realize his former views may have hurt him, but he can welcome Mike into his family now and in the future. In this heartfelt final volume, we watch Yaichi and his family spend time together and hope for a better future.

After reading the first volume, I could not wait until I could read volume two. While I’m sad that it’s the final volume, I’m really happy that this story came into my life and touches everyone who reads it. I loved watching Yaichi realize that it was he who changed after Ryoji came out, and that he has changed again for the better. I love seeing him realize that he would accept his daughter if she found love with another woman and hopes that she wouldn’t be afraid to tell him. I also love that Yaichi grows proud to have his brother-in-law there and finds that it’s prejudiced people who should be ashamed of their views, not his family. He also starts to realize how society views the LGBT community and starts a discussion on the topic with his ex, who is very open and accepting.

This is such a touching story that I will have to reread sometime in the future. I love the characters, their stories, and watching each of them grow as the story progressed. It’s such a heartwarming tale that also demonstrates that hate and prejudice is learned as we watch Kana accept Mike from the start and see how other people, including her peers, views change depending on their parent’s views. I definitely recommend this series to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment