Friday, September 28, 2018

My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel by Kitty Curran, Larissa Zageris

My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel by Kitty Curran, Larissa Zageris
My Rating: ★★★★★

I have loved choose your own adventure books since I was a kid, so I always get excited when I come across them. This book did not disappoint! Readers are the nameless protagonist in a historical romance set in the 18th century. There are several different paths that we can choose with a variety of characters ranging from eligible men, a few supernatural beings, and widow butting heads with her ex. Just when I thought the book couldn’t get any more hilarious, I took yet another path that had me in stitches.

One of the things that I love about this book is that it doesn’t take itself seriously and pokes fun at tropes found in romance novels. I love a good trashy romance novel, but it was so much fun taking different paths and going on different adventures that had hilarious twists and turns and the occasional surprise ending. I kept going back to the beginning to discover new paths over and over. I do wish that it had more LGBT paths, but I’ll live. I would love to see another choose your own path book from the same authors in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment