Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The One Hundred Nights of Hero (Early Earth #2) by Isabel Greenberg

The One Hundred Nights of Hero by Isabel Greenberg
My Rating: ★★★★★

In the Empire of Migdal Bavel, there is a woman named Cherry who lives with her maid and love of her life, Hero. Together, the pair concocts a plan to outwit Cherry’s husband, Jerome, and his friend, Manfred. You see, Jerome has challenged his good friend. If Manfred can seduce Cherry in 100 nights, he can have Jerome’s castle, so Hero distracts him by telling gripping tales each night.

This is such a beautiful book full of tales and women empowering women. Between the artwork and the stories, I was sad whenever I had to put the book down because I just wanted to keep reading. Each story was wonderful and compelling as well as detailing women standing together, sharing stories, and helping each other. Even when these characters stood against each other, it was fun to see the narrator note that she didn’t like telling stories where women were against each other, but it is how the story unfolded. It’s such a compelling book that made me feel like I’ve been inducted into The League of Secret Story Tellers. I don’t want to say too much because I’m afraid I might spoil the story, but know that I’m raving about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment