Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Say No Moor (Passport to Peril #11) by Maddy Hunter

Say No Moor by Maddy Hunter
My Rating: ★★★★★

In an attempt to expand the client list for their travel agency, Emily and her husband offer big discounts to the bloggers who travel with them to Cornwall, England. The only thing the bloggers have to do is cover their travels on their respective blogs. Emily hopes this will be the trip that will go off without a hitch, but things quickly go awry when two of the bloggers bump heads, a pipe bursts at the inn, and someone gets murdered all on the first day of the trip. Stressed about the blogger’s coverage of their trip, Emily strives to make everything right when she’s suddenly expected to run the inn and one of the travelers go missing.

While Emily and the gang are in England, they spend most of their time at the inn with some exploring and touring thrown in. I promise you that it is the furthest thing from boring. I found myself laughing so hard that I had to put my book down and dab my eyes with tissue. Hunter did it again and busted out yet another hilarious installment. The entertaining cast of characters worked well with the new characters that popped in and out throughout the story. I loved the interactions we got between the bloggers, although we seemed to only see a couple of them most of the time. It was a fun new addition to the cast of usual characters.

Speaking of the bloggers, I wish that we saw a little more of them than we did. Only three of the bloggers were distinctive and had their roles in the story expanded. The others popped their heads in every so often and that was that. I know that it’s likely these aren’t characters we’ll see again in the future, but I wish we saw a little more of the ones who were barely there because they didn’t make much of an impression on me. However, I think I’ll be okay with it because Jackie was featured a lot more than usual and I loved it. She’s one of my favorite characters, so I’m always excited when she appears.

I will say that the murder mystery is a secondary storyline, but that doesn’t bother me. I was having so much fun reading the series of hilarious events unfold that it doesn’t seem farfetched for the mystery to be secondary. We have the bloggers and the shenanigans going on between two of them, a theft, natural disasters, Emily and Wally having to man the inn, and nana showing off her cooking skills. Plus, one of the regulars goes missing, which adds yet another crisis to the mix.

All in all, Hunter does not disappoint. This is yet another sidesplitting installment that did not fail to entertain. It’s action packed, fun, and heartwarming. I’m looking forward to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment