Sunday, August 27, 2017

A Killer Ball at Honeychurch Hall (Honeychurch Hall Mystery #3) by Hannah Dennison

A Killer Ball at Honeychurch Hall by Hannah Dennison
My Rating: ★★★★

After Kat, an antique dealer, stumbles upon a dead body in an abandoned and damaged wing of Honeychurch Hall, she accidentally opens up a mystery that began in her mother's youth. Still not fully accepted in town and armed with only her wits, Kat forges her way to the bottom of the mystery so that she can prevent her mother from going down for a crime she did not commit. 

This is such a fun series. I love the characters, the town, and the hilarious shenanigans that occur throughout each book. I've grown to love Kat's step uncle, Alfred, and his presence in the series. I love hearing the different bits that we learn about Kat's mother's past as we continue the series. What's not to love?

The third installment in the series upped the antics a little bit, which had me laughing more than usual. It's so interesting to watch these characters grow together as the series continues. Iris and Kat's relationship seems rocky at times, especially since Iris is not completely forthcoming with information, and Kat is a bit judgmental at times, but I hope to see this mother and daughter duo eventually stop clashing. They get closer than they were before with each installment, and I love that we also see the pair get closer to the other people in the town as the series continues. I'm very excited to start the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment